[gambit-list] Using mercurial to update Gambit

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Apr 23 17:20:59 EDT 2008

On 23-Apr-08, at 4:53 PM, James Long wrote:

> I'm trying to get on the track of updating Gambit with mercurial.
> Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

My guess is that you did a manual "hg pull" and/or "hg update"
*before* doing a "make update".  That's a no-no.  You should only use
the "hg" commands if you know what you are doing, otherwise use "make
update".  That's the price to pay for automating a complex bootstrap
process.  If you are stuck, get the latest release of Gambit, untar,
"make", "make bootstrap", and finally "make update".  If that doesn't
work then there's a bug... please report it.