[gambit-list] SRFI's for newbies

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Sun Oct 14 20:41:14 EDT 2007

Eric Jonas wrote:
> chjmodule seems pretty cool, but I've not been able to get it to
> compile :( But it would potentially make it easy to dynamically load the
> indicated SRFIs.

I know, a new release is long overdue. I've got some fixes for new
Gambit releases now, but not just ready. Another problem is that I used
to release a selection of my own modules bundled with the module system.
I'd like to stop doing that and provide them separately, and provide
access to my code repository. In fact I started checking in all my
modules into a (private) GIT repository for over a year now, but have
intermixed modules which can go public with ones that shouldn't. Does
anyone know how to best separate an existing GIT repository into two
parts (the private stuff and the part which I want to make open),
specified by a list of file paths? It could also be a procedure using
mercurial (I'd convert the archive to mercurial first).

After that, I'll probably start the Snow embracing undertaking by
providing a mechanism to load Snow modules from chjmodules; this way I
can turn most of my worthwhile modules into Snow packages (and publish
them as such), and keep those which are using features that Snow doesn't
provide [yet] as chjmodules.

Christian.