[gambit-list] SRFI's for newbies

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 12 15:46:42 EDT 2007

> unimplemented SRFI? For example, this one interests me:
> http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-1/srfi-1.html . Should I just download
> the linked Scheme file from the SRFi file? Is there any particular
> reason why this or other SRFI's are not included in the distribution,
> or did I just overlook them?

I essentially asked exactly this question a few days ago, so you're in
good company :)

Ben Weaver responded with:

> The package system for gambit can be found here:
> http://snow.iro.umontreal.ca/?tab=Packages

> SRFI-1 is one of the available packages.

Here is a blog post about gambit namespaces that recommends
Christian Jaeger’s chjmodule:

http://www.phildawes.net/blog/2007/04/21/gambit-c-namespaces/

chjmodule seems pretty cool, but I've not been able to get it to
compile :( But it would potentially make it easy to dynamically load the
indicated SRFIs.

			...Eric