[gambit-list] Web Framework

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Nov 11 13:04:16 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 11:16:36AM -0800, jonnay at jonnay.net wrote :
> Hey Guys

Hi dee ohh !

> project going called "Zen Garden" which is a webserver that is based on
> the example packaged with Gambit.

Would it be possible to have someone develop a webserver which would
accept SXML instead on HTML to describe content of webpages ?

I always use S-exprs to write my webpages, then I convert them with a
simple S-expr->HTML transducer. I think that a pure Scheme webserver
with Scheme webapages would be nice. And it could be very dynamic if
every treatment functions were modifiable by the webpage itself, in
order to use a renderer instead of another, to upgrade the server with
zero downtime...

Is this approach Zen-Friendly ? Would it be a killer app ?

Reguards,

P!

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)