[gambit-list] Thanks and Thoughts For "Scheme on Skis" :)

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Nov 3 06:10:59 EDT 2007

> PS: Personally I *love* Marc's new Scheme on skis name but I think we should
> find some other nice and short name. Using the same blabla on blabla name as
> Rails is not a good to start showing how original Scheme is!

The acronym being "SOS", I wonder whether we want bad jokes like "SOS!
They force me to write Scheme code!".

Might it not be better to find something related to chess?

"Web Mate", your last good move
"Pawns", Practical Advanced Web Now in Scheme

I reckon this would suit well a Gambit related naming convention...

Adrien

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)