[gambit-list] Thanks and Thoughts For "Scheme on Skis" :)

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:02:24 EDT 2007

On 11/2/07, David Rush <kumoyuki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am already in the process of developing such a framework in R5RS (+
> SRFI-0) Scheme born out of my endless frustration with Ruby on Rails.

I should also have pointed out that  some of the core choices relating to
code re-use in Rails must  necessarily look very different in RnRS Scheme,
which generally does not support the Inheritance pattern of code reuse. The
Delegation and Composition reuse patterns are much more in line with Scheme
semantics (and are strictly more expressive according to a paper I vaguely
recall from OOPSLA '94 or thereabouts). If you really have an attachment to
Inheritance (as in Rails), I suspect that you will find CL more suited to
your tastes as OOP was pretty much invented by those guys.

david rush
--
Once you label me, you negate me
    - Soren Kierkegaard