[gambit-list] Revision control systems Scheme interface

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Fri May 25 12:50:54 EDT 2007

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> .. I'd recommend subversion.

I don't think Subversion is a wise choice.

When new concepts are coming, it's time to move on. Maybe you can wait
until IDE support for the newer systems is there until you try them.
Maybe I'll have to learn how to use git-svn or SVK to be able to work
with the sources in a useful way if that is what Marc is choosing. Maybe
that's a waste of time, maybe I'll sometimes need that knowledge when
working for a company which is using Subversion. Joy would more be on
the side of Darcs when it is coming to adapt new concepts.

Christian.