[gambit-list] Revision control systems Scheme interface

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Fri May 25 11:16:34 EDT 2007

Personally, though I'm not a committer to Gambit Scheme, I am extremely
leery of revision control systems other than the two tried and true open
source ones, cvs and subversion, and of those two, I prefer subversion
as a user. All of the others either have some hidden gotcha or are
lightly used. For example:

Darcs -- hidden gotcha is that it's written in Haskell
git -- lightly used, only exists because of the Linux kernel
mercurial -- lightly used

Moreover, most of the IDEs and other development tools interface to cvs
and subversion. So unless you've got some *hard* requirement that
subversion can not meet, I'd recommend subversion.