[gambit-list] Where is macro-character-port-rlo defined?

|/|/ Bendick wbendick at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:11:22 EDT 2007

While on the thread of the mysteries of the internals of gambit... I
decided I was going to fix the output-port-width bug, specifically,
thru emacs

(output-port-width (current-output-port)) => 80

no matter what the actual width is. But I ran into a brick wall. Line
3750 of _io.scm references macro-character-port-output-width.

% grep -r macro-character-port-output-width gambc-4.0b22
gambc-4.0b22/lib/_io.scm:  ((macro-character-port-output-width port) port))
%

So that's the only occurrence of macro-character-port-output-width....
how does that work?

Now this begs the *real* question. What is it going to take to get
Marc (or anyone who feels intimate with every line of gambit) to give
up an afternoon for video taping a code walkthru lecture? I'll set it
up if any such person is in the general New York City area.