[gambit-list] Where is macro-character-port-rlo defined?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue May 22 22:49:52 EDT 2007

On May 20, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Christian Jaeger wrote:

> One thing I still don't get are those define-prim which don't have a
> body, where is the code that's actually being executed for them?

Ah, that's in the define-prim macro in header.scm.  So

(define-prim (##bignum.adigit-inc! x i))

gets expanded to

       (define ##bignum.adigit-inc!
          (let ()
            (##declare
             (not inline)
             (standard-bindings)
             (extended-bindings))
            (lambda (x i) (##bignum.adigit-inc! x i))))))

and gsc knows how to expand the call to ##bignum.adigit-inc! into the
GVM macro BIGAINC from gambit.h.

Brad