[gambit-list] Gambit installers

Guillaume Cartier gcartier at jazzscheme.org
Mon Jun 25 11:12:21 EDT 2007

Marc Feeley wrote:
> Does anyone have experience creating installers for Windows and MacOS
> X?  What are the best free installers?

Personally, when possible, the installer I prefer is the "unzip it
anywhere you want and it works" installer. Users then know that the
installer isn't going to install a gazillion DLL that can potentially
arm their system. (especially if the users are programmers)

For a free one, you could look at NSIS. I have no experience with it but
it looks really nice.

Guillaume

<< quote taken from NSIS website http://nsis.sourceforge.net >>

NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source
system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and
flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet
distribution.