[gambit-list] Register to vote on R6RS ratification

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jul 9 00:38:50 EDT 2007

Let me remind you that if you wish to vote on the ratification of the
R6RS draft, you must register before July 15 (less than a week from
now!).  The instructions are at http://www.r6rs.org/ratification/ .
You have to write a short statement of interest demonstrating your
interest in the Scheme language.  I strongly urge everyone on this
list to register to vote since you are obviously interested in
Scheme.  Here is the statement of interest that I submitted.

(
(email-address "feeley at iro.umontreal.ca")

(full-name "Marc Feeley")

(geographic-location "Montreal, QC, Canada")

(affiliation "Universite de Montreal")
(public-email-address "feeley at iro.umontreal.ca")
(web-page-url "http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley")

(statement-of-interest
   "As a student I was attracted to Scheme by its simplicity,
dynamism and
expressiveness.  My Master's and PhD theses focused on the efficient
implementation of Scheme.  Since then I have been involved in
programming language research, and Scheme has been my language of
choice for exploring the design and implementation of functional
programming languages.  I have written several papers related to
Scheme and have taught Computer Science to many students using Scheme.
I am the author of a few implementations of Scheme including Gambit,
which is well known for its performance, portability and conformance
to the Scheme standard (indeed the only fully conformant Scheme to C
compiler).  I am a founder of the Workshop on Scheme and Functional
Programming and a member of its steering committee.  I served on the
Scheme standard's editor's committee as editor-in-chief.  Scheme has
been an integral part of my daily activities over the last 20 years."))

For the record, I intend to vote against the ratification of R6RS.