[gambit-list] good language for real time application?

Vincent vly3 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 21:43:23 EST 2007

Hello,

I want to write a router with real time performance.
I am trying to find the best language to use for it,
and would like to use a functional language if
possible.  Erlang might work, but I want to distribute
the router incorporated into a Linux live boot CD, so
I think that maybe whatever I distribute has to be GPL
compatible.  I don't know if I can distribute the
Erlang runtime with that license condition.  I tried
to join the Erlang questions list to ask about that,
but so far have not been able to join the list.

Is Gambit Scheme suitable for real time applications?
Does it have a real time garbage collector?

Vincent