[gambit-list] does gambit-c have any strategy when one day those 80 cores cpus are available?

James Long longster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:38:13 EDT 2007

80 instances of *termite* ?

You would have one instance of Termite and express your code as
Termite nodes (which, as you say, still requires an ability to write
parallel code, but Termite does help).  I don't know how Termite
supports multiple processors, but it does, whether it creates the 80
Gambit instances for you or directly supports SMP.  I played around
with Termite a long time ago and it didn't seem to create multiple
Gambit instances, but I forget how I tested that.  How does Termite
implement multiple processor support?

So go ahead and write Erlang-style code with Termite.  The style of
code is very unlikely to change while the implementation of it
probably will (for good reasons), but that will be transparent to us
(hopefully).

James