[gambit-list] does gambit-c have any strategy when one day those 80 cores cpus are available?

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 21 07:42:04 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 06:34:39AM +0800, naruto canada wrote :
> hi

Hi

> does gambit-c have any strategy when one day those 80 cores cpus are available?
> maybe I am thinking about this too earlier.

One of those strategies simply consists in running 80 instances of
Gambit/Termite, hoping that each one will run on its own core.
But this doesn't make programming easier, as it then depends on *your*
abitility to write parallel code.

But I'm sure that the day some of us use an 80 core CPU daily, gambit
will somehow handle that. Or at least an (expt 2 n) core.
May this not make you write naive exponential algorithms by laziness :)

P!

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)