[gambit-list] print vs. display segfault

Lang Martin lang-gb at coptix.com
Thu Apr 26 12:03:25 EDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Christian Jaeger wrote:

> On my 4.0 beta 21 installation (compiled with single-host and shared),
> this doesn't segfault:

It doesn't segfault until it's been running for a while.

> - with-output-port is not present in beta 21 (neither did I find it in
> the manual of beta 22), so I did change to with-output-to-port

The file is a bit convoluted, but I have collected all the library
bits that weren't showing before. It crashes on my macbook as well as
on the linux box.

0x080c4269 in ___garbage_collect ()

says gdb. Which of course makes sense in light of it not failing for
a while.

I can avoid the crash by creating less garbage (making a smaller
string -- 40 works for me) or by changing print to display, as
previously reported.

both of those bits are at the bottom of the file.