[gambit-list] Strange Gambit error problems DS

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Mon Oct 30 17:05:52 EST 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:

> has unblocked or not.  To simplify the implementation of
> ___device_select, you should find an IP stack that supports multiplexed
> I/O, for example Tiny TCP has a sock_poll function to do this (I don't
> know if lwIP has this).

Most of the stacks offer non-blocking, low-level access.  Select-like
functionality generally requires a pseudo-threadlike system.  There's
not a whole lot of point given that Gambit already has its own threading
system.

One thing I need is some means to call the TCP timer functions at
relatively constant intervals (250ms).  Where can I tie in to Gambit get
that heartbeat?

Thanks,
-a