[gambit-list] Strange Gambit error problems DS

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Fri Oct 27 03:30:11 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:
> My best guess is that the function ___device_select in lib/os_io.c,
> which implements a timed blocking on a set of devices, must be returning
> an error.

I am now going to check your suggestion.  It looks like there was a
stack overflow first caused by the large allocation due to MAX_CONDVARS
being 8192.

How may condvars does the system actually need to be useful?

A quick analysis shows the following functions as allocating quite a bit
of stack:
65556 ___os_condvar_select
32820 ___device_select
4524 ___H__20___kernel
1756 ___H__20___num

I'm going to hoist the stack allocation from os_condvar_select into a
something which will pull from the data segment(although, I still need
to cut back on its size).  device_select is probably in the same boat,
as well (and is toggled by MAX_CONDVARS, too).

-a