[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sat Oct 21 20:58:49 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:
> It sounds like the development environment is rather minimal on the
> Nintendo DS.  Is there no C debugger you can use to know in which C
> function the system crashed?

The system crashes here:
       if (___NONNULLCHARSTRINGLIST_to_NONNULLUCS_2STRINGLIST
             (argv,
              &___program_startup_info.argv)
           != ___FIX(___NO_ERR))

You make an assumption that argv is a valid pointer even when argc comes
back with a 0.  It is certainly possible that having a NULL argv
violates the standard; I don't know the standard well enough.

How do I have to get around this?  I am concerned that just removing
this call will leave ___program_startup_info.argv in a state that will
just push the crash further along.  I'd prefer to stop the problem here
so that the system can just proceed.

Thanks,
-a