[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sat Oct 21 19:44:58 EDT 2006

Marc Feeley wrote:

> It sounds like the development environment is rather minimal on the
> Nintendo DS.  Is there no C debugger you can use to know in which C
> function the system crashed?

No.  This *is* an embedded system, after all.  Why do you think I want
Gambit running over a socket? That gives me a *much* better environment
in which to do development.

In addition, the system has no MMU.  Consequently, a "crash" may or may
not have any relation to the problem which actually caused the crash.

> Also, add a printf in ___call in lib/setup.c to see if it is called and
> how many times.  The function ___call is used when Scheme code is being
> executed.  It is doesn't make it that far then you'll have to use
> printfs to narrow down the crash location.  Start at ___setup in
> lib/setup.c (for example before calls to ___setup_os, ___setup_mem, etc).

Thanks for this advice.  Is there a "preferred form" for a debugging
printf in the library?  I would be helpful for other people doing ports
to have those in the code but disabled by the C macro system.

-a