[gambit-list] Gambit and termite on an embedded system (Nintendo DS)?

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Thu Oct 5 07:42:23 EDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Andrew Lentvorski <bsder at allcaps.org> wrote:
> I took a quick trip over to gmane to search the archives to see if
> someone else has tried this, but nothing obvious came up.

I had a brief look at doing this about a year ago but never started it
- at the time the homebrew tools weren't quite up to the task I
thought. Given the number of tools out now allowing file systems on CF
and SD it would be a bit easier.

I believe some of the 3rd party storage options have external RAM too.
I seem to recall DSLinux being modified to use an extra 32MB of ram.
Here's a blog post about it:

http://www.dslinux.org/blogs/pepsiman/?p=70

If you could utilize that extra memory in some way it would make it easier too.

> I'd also like to be running termite on this, eventually.

It would be pretty neat if you could run two instances of termite, one
on the ARM7 and one on the ARM9 and have them communicate to each
other via the DS FIFO - but wrapped nicely in a termite process.

I'm interested in any progress you make.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz