[gambit-list] ERROR IN ##parameterize

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 2 10:26:35 EDT 2006

On 2-Oct-06, at 1:10 AM, Blake McBride wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I want to build a stand-alone (requiring no DLL's) scheme app
> under Windows.  I re-built Gambit 4.0b19 with Microsoft VC
> without a problem.  However, when I try to compile a trivial
> program I get:
>
> C:\Systems\Scheme\Gambit>gsc a.scm
> *** ERROR IN ##parameterize -- No such file or directory
> (current-directory "C:\\lib")
>
> C:\Systems\Scheme\Gambit>gsc -dynamic a.scm
> *** ERROR IN ##parameterize -- No such file or directory
> (current-directory "C:\\bin")

When you build Gambit-C you must indicate where it will be installed
by setting the ___GAMBCDIR symbol.  With gcc this can be done with:

gcc -D___GAMBCDIR=\"C:/Gambit-C/4.0b19\" ...

Just do the equivalent thing in VC.

Note also that when you run gsc and gsi, you can force the Gambit
installation directory with the -:=DIR runtime option.  So you could do:

gsc -:=C:/Gambit-C/4.0b19 a.scm

> a.scm just contains:  (display "hello world")
>
> I tried the -verbose option and that gave me nothing useful.
> It would be unbelievably great if the -verbose option displayed
> the full compile and link commands it was running.
>
> I have no idea what that error message is trying to tell me.
> I tried all sorts of -cc-options and -ld-option options with no
> luck.  Without a display of what it's executing, I'm in the dark.

I'll see what I can do.  Note that it is the gsc-cc-o.bat script that
invokes the C compiler.  This file should be in

C:/Gambit-C/4.0b19/bin/gsc-cc-o.bat

You could add a trace in that script to echo the command that invokes
the C compiler.

Marc