[gambit-list] Re: Using Emacs with Gambit-c

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Sat May 13 11:50:18 EDT 2006

>>>>> "rcaronr" == rcaronr  <rcaronr at videotron.ca> writes:

    rcaronr> My question is : What to use in my .emacs configuration
    rcaronr> file to use Emacs and where should I place the gambit.el
    rcaronr> file.

This is really an Emacs question, not a Gambit question, but lucky
you, I'm here :-)

I'd put this in my .emacs:

    (load (expand-file-name "~/gambit.el"))

and then of course I'd make sure that gambit.el was in my ~ (aka
"home") directory.

Note that there are a million other ways to do it, and sophisticated
Emacs users probably wouldn't do it quite this way; but this is
simple, and it'll work.

--
"I said, `Shut up!' " Ms. Glass recalled ... " `You do not!
Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!' So I went to Nina, my boss, and

        --- Julie Salamon, in the New York Times