[gambit-list] Multiprocessor support

Daniel Sadilek sadilek at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 6 03:57:44 EST 2006

Hello,

> (Generally: multiple processes and data passing (open-process, or on
> unix fork() and pipe() or possibly mmap() (poke me if you want me to
> release an updated cj-posix library), or (as mentioned) Termite).)

I had a look at your cj-posix library. Maybe that's a starting point
for me. As I understand, when I fork, all (not just the current)
Gambit-threads will be forked and the communication has to be done by
pipes. Is it possible to have only the current thread forked and to
have shared data structures or do you have any idea how that could be
emulated (and elegantly abstracted)? Do you have a simple hello world
example?

> I've started writing bindings for PETSc[1] (without a timeline for
> completion). That library can do multiprocessing (even across a whole
> cluster). Are you interested in those?

I'm not sure. Can this library help me to run the _Scheme_code_ on
multiple processors?

Thank you
Daniel Sadilek