[gambit-list] Multiprocessor support

Christian christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Tue Dec 5 12:17:04 EST 2006

At 10:00 Uhr +0100 05.12.2006, Daniel Sadilek wrote:
>workaround?

(Generally: multiple processes and data passing (open-process, or on
unix fork() and pipe() or possibly mmap() (poke me if you want me to
release an updated cj-posix library), or (as mentioned) Termite).)

>I could imagine to run multiple instances of Gambit that
>can run on multiple processors and communicate with each other --
>perhaps someone has done that already and has a library for that?

I've started writing bindings for PETSc[1] (without a timeline for
completion). That library can do multiprocessing (even across a whole
cluster). Are you interested in those?

Christian.

[1] http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/