[gambit-list] exit status of a child process

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Sep 10 12:30:31 EDT 2005

On 10-Sep-05, at 9:54 AM, Thomas Hafner wrote:

> Assumed a Gambit-C 4 program starts another process, how can its exit
> status be retrieved? I couldn't find a hint when looking at the info
> node of ``open-process''.

There's no way.  The "waitpid" is done when the port is closed.
Perhaps (close-port process-port) could return the exit status.  I
could also add a new process-port specific primitive (e.g. process-
status) to access the exit status, raising an exception if the
process has not yet exited.  That's probably a better interface.