[gambit-list] srfi-13/14

ben at fuhok.net ben at fuhok.net
Thu May 12 19:45:43 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:47:12PM -0500, Bradley Lucier wrote:
> I think our ultimate goal should be to add enough explicit checks
> that the libraries can be compiled with all unsafe optimizations on.

Which includes '(declare (not safe)) right?

Earlier today, I realized that either these checks aren't working
right, or that I'm confused.  I thought that they were working in b12,
but I already upgraded to b13, so I will have to reinstall to confirm
that.

Examples:

Gambit Version 4.0 beta 13

> (load "srfis")
"/home/ben/srfis/srfis.o1"
> (char-set-size 'foo)

Process scheme segmentation fault

Gambit Version 4.0 beta 13

> (load "srfis")
"/home/ben/srfis/srfis.o1"
> (string-null? 4)

Process scheme segmentation fault

I thought we were adding checks to avoid segfaults and such.

Ben