[gambit-list] datum-parsing-exception in the example where continuations are serialized

hafner at sdf-eu.org hafner at sdf-eu.org
Sun Mar 27 15:13:40 EST 2005

Hello,

this occurs, if I try out the example for serialized continuations:
|*** ERROR IN "seri-conts.scm"@46.1 -- Uncaught exception: #<datum-parsing-exception #2>
|(thread-join! '#<thread #3>)

Here follows step for step what happened.

- Take Version 4.0 beta 11 (I know that there is already beta 12, but
  I want to avoid the time consuming compilation, if not necessary).

- Copy the code from Info node ``Readtables'' of gambit-c.info between
  ``Here is an example where continuations are serialized:'' and
  ``11100'' into a file with filename seri-conts.scm, clean it (erase
  system prompts, add a missing parenthesis etc. - see
  <http://hafner.sdf-eu.org/pool/seri-conts.scm> for the result).

- Type ``gsi seri-conts.scm''.

- The message above is rendered.

- See <http://hafner.sdf-eu.org/pool/seri-conts.out> for the content
  of the variable s (i.e. that one holding the serialized
  continuation).

My system is Debian 3.1, kernel 2.4.29 i686 GNU/Linux.

Is it still a problem in beta 12?

Regards
  Thomas Hafner