[gambit-list] SRFI-1

Guillaume Germain germaing at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Mar 25 15:21:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Eric Merritt wrote:

>  As for the availability of more SRFIs, I was talking to Guillaume
> Germain about this and he seems to also have a number of srfi's ported
> to gambit. From what he says they need a bit of clean up and packaging
> but that can be done. I plan to port, at the very least, two other
> srfi's (13 and 44) to gambit myself as well.

And here it is:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~germaing/srfi-pack-0.1.tar.gz

Here is the related README with more information:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~germaing/srfi-pack-0.1-README

As Eric said, this still need some work to be really useful.  Currently
this is mostly a repackaging of various SRFIs' reference implementations,
up to SRFI-55.  Since a lot of them use syntax-rules, you lose source code
location information when using it.  Also, it's not up-to-date.

> Perhaps its time to start thinking about a repository of third-party
> code ported to gambit. Provided with some packaging and namespace
> guidelines, I have little doubt it would fill up reasonably quickly.
> If nothing else it could go up on sourceforge.

I think we could put that repository on Gambit's web page.  And as you
say, some packaging guidelines should be established.  Something like
Chicken's "Eggs" and chicken-setup would be a great thing to have.

Guillaume