[gambit-list] SRFI-1

Eric Merritt cyberlync at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:04:06 EST 2005

I don't really have it up anywhere right now. Its not that I am
unwilling I just don't have space anywhere. I will happily email it to
you if you like.

  As for the availability of more SRFIs, I was talking to Guillaume
Germain about this and he seems to also have a number of srfi's ported
to gambit. From what he says they need a bit of clean up and packaging
but that can be done. I plan to port, at the very least, two other
srfi's (13 and 44) to gambit myself as well.

 Perhaps its time to start thinking about a repository of third-party
code ported to gambit. Provided with some packaging and namespace
guidelines, I have little doubt it would fill up reasonably quickly.
If nothing else it could go up on sourceforge.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:51:56 -0500, dev null <doonboggle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Where can one get these from?
>
> I was working on srfi-13 the other day (mainly trying to rewrite the
> hygienic macros, since I can't figure out how to properlyuse
> syntax-case with gsc).  It would be nice if there was a collection of
> ported  SRFIs available for gambit (or maybe there is already?).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:36:12 -0800, Eric Merritt <cyberlync at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I have ported SRFI-1 to gambit and put it in its own "srfi1#"
> > namespace. It was pretty trivial to do. I think this might be of
> > interest to other people so I figured I would offer it the community.
> >
> >  For those interested, I have also ported Yasos to gambit. The main
> > thing I did was convert the hygienic macros to un-hygienic macros so
> > that it wouldn't depend on syntax-case.scm and error line numbers
> > would be a little more accurate. In the future I intend to extend it
> > with method-missing and perform functionality.
> >
> > Neither of these are extremely well tested at this point. I am in the
> > process of finding and porting a unit test framework but I have not
> > finished yet. Once I do I will add unit tests for the above two to the
> > package.
> >
> >  It may be that someone else has already made these available for
> > gambit, if so just ignore this and I apologize for the noise.

I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently