[gambit-list] A question concerning load/include.

Eric Merritt cyberlync at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 02:42:18 EST 2005

Guys,

 I am a bit confused. I have a file with a simple macro in it

 ;; alias so compiler can inline for speed
(define-syntax INSTANCE-DISPATCHER
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((instance-dispatcher  inst) (cdr inst))))

This is the only thing in the file (its been striped down). If I
invoke gsi enter (load "~~/syntax-case") (load "oop.scm"), oop.scm is
the name of the file, everything works great. However, if I change the
file to contain

(load "~~/syntax-case")

 ;; alias so compiler can inline for speed
(define-syntax INSTANCE-DISPATCHER
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((instance-dispatcher  inst) (cdr inst))))

invoke gsi and then enter (load "oop.scm")  I get a "Ill-formed
expression" error. I don't really understand why these two methods
produce very different results. Obviously, I am missing something but
I have yet to find out what. Any help is appreciated.
--
I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently