[gambit-list] Re: Hash Tables

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Wed Mar 9 10:59:17 EST 2005

> I have been looking over v12beta4, but needed hash tables in a bit
> of the code I am using.  I did not find them in the release, so
> wrote something I thought reasonable.
>
> Perhaps the enclosed will encourage one of your students to do better.
>
> Good to finally see the new version of Gambit!!  Thanks much!

Nice to hear from you.  Coincidentally I've been working on an
efficient implementation of tables for the past 3 weeks.  I'm using
hash tables and open addressing, double hashing, autoresizing, and
support weak keys and/or weak values.  All of this will be in beta 13.
Note that object->serial-number is currently implemented with
association lists.  I'll use tables (with weak keys) when they are
fully debugged.