[gambit-list] Linking to C++ problems

Dan Hristodorescu dhristodorescu at borderfree.com
Tue Feb 22 09:59:41 EST 2005

Hi Marc,

The problem I had in my test program was because I was compiling the DLL
with -D___DYNAMIC. Without this flag the test program was fine.
The real program I use still crashes and I have to figure out why. It works
fine without the actual call to the scheme method; Gambit initialization
doesn't cause any problems.
I assume it's about some linking settings but I have to investigate more.

I see your point about using the C++ compiler. I was using Gambit compiled
by the default configure script which probably uses the C compiler and
that's why I was mixing C with C++. Thanks for clearing that out for me.
I'll recompile the runtime and try again.

Thanks,
Dan.