[gambit-list] Linking to C++ problems

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Feb 21 17:55:08 EST 2005

> Sorry to replay to my own message but I figure out what was the =
> problem.
> It was just the mangling of DLL exported symbols (I was referring a =
> wrong
> name); it works fine now.

Great.

> The only relevant part of the message that remains is the one about the
> extern "C" generation.

I don't understand your point here.  You should either compile
the whole Gambit runtime system and your program with a C
compiler, or with a C++ compiler, and then the names will be
mangled appropriately.  Are you mixing C and C++ code?  (this is
a bad idea in general because of the way exceptions are handled....)