[gambit-list] Re: Help with FFI related error message

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Sun Apr 10 22:08:41 EDT 2005

> Hi Marc,
>
> thanks for the quick response.
>
> No renaming is involved, I think.
>
> It has something to do with how I am compiling the file.
>
> I've noticed that the problem disappears if I do
>
> gsc -dynamic etc...
>
> Here is the compile line I was using which causes the problem.  I
> meant to include it in the original e-mail and forgot.
>
> 	$(CC) -shared -D___DYNAMIC -I/usr/include/GL -I $(GAMBINC) -o glut-ffi.o1 \
> glut-ffi.c glut-ffi_.c conv.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -lgl

Ah OK.  Then you need to do this when you generate the .c files:

    gsc -c -o glut-ffi.o1.c glut-ffi.scm
    gsc glut-ffi.o1.c

This will generate the files glut-ffi.o1.c and glut-ffi.o1_.c which
you can then compile as before.