[Snow-users-list] [MSLUG] Google Summer of Code

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Mar 13 18:56:52 EDT 2008

> project suggestions, then please speak up on the mailing list.

There is a nice company, called LShift, that has developped Erlang
servers and clients for the AMPQ protocol, their product being
OpenSource and called "RabbitMQ".

AMQP stands for Advanced Message Queuing Protocol and is a nice protocol
that defines a unified model for sharing data between applications. It's
a typical middleware application, yet very powerful. It defines various
"routing methods" based on the number of consumers and publishers and on
possibly arbitrary complex fields in the message to enable STMP-like
behaviour, as well as NNTP or real-time streaming.
AMPQ is designed to handle critical data in critical domains (finance)
with high responsivity.

Erlang is indeed a language that makes this protocol relatively easy to
implement.

How about writing an implementation of AMQP with Termite?
Success in this sector would definitely be a nice example of Scheme in
the industry (with all your money relying on it ^^)

P!

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)