[Snow-users-list] Latest install (v1.1.1) fails silently w Gambit 4.0beta22

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Fri Sep 14 23:32:25 EDT 2007

Not a big deal really, but I thought I might as well flag the issue.  If
you run snow's "configure" with gambit 4.0beta22 then no scheme is
reported as found - there's no warning about versions, just the message
you'd get if no scheme at all is present.

With verbose="very" two extra lines are printed, indicating that gsi and
gsc were found on the path, but that's all.

With gambit 4.0.1 things are fine.

I found this a bit surprising because I already had snow v1.1.0 working
fine with the earlier version of gambit.

Andrew