[Snow-users-list] high-priority snow packages and package naming

Julian Graham joolean at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:35:44 EDT 2007

Hi Tom,

 I'm confused -- I think Snow already "supports" SCSH, platform-wise.
Unless you mean that SCSH's abstractions for processes and other shell
objects should be separated out packaged? That reminds me, though --
what about a common interface for doing FFI stuff?  That'd let us add
bindings for any number of other languages / libraries (Snow support
for GLib, anyone?)

 But, yeah -- SREs!  Shamefully enough, I wasn't aware of Olin
Shivers' spec (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/shivers/papers/sre.txt)
until just now.  I really like the syntax, but it seems like he
intended SREs to be used in conjunction with a Scheme platform's
(e.g., SCSH) native regexp implementation / API... which sort of
leaves us where we were.  Any thoughts on Dorai Sitaram's portable
regexp implementation
(http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/pregexp/pregexp.html)?