[Snow-users-list] Installing snow with guile

Rodney Topor r.topor at griffith.edu.au
Mon Mar 19 20:24:18 EDT 2007

Our sysadmin has just installed Guile 1.8.1 on our Linux server, but
I can't configure snow with it.  This is a trace of what happened:

[s352978 at dwarf v1.0.0]$ ./configure --site-root=$HOME
Searching for the Scheme systems accessible in the current PATH:
   Guile 1.8.1            -> /opt/bin/guile

These systems were not found (you might want to check the URL to
install them):
   bigloo     -> http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo

Testing the Scheme systems:
----------------------------------------------- testing guile
START OF SELF TEST
exceptions, records, optional parameters, fixnum, homovector, time,
bignum, string, filesys, hostossh: unknowncommand: command not found
, random, extio, genport, digest, aes, httpERROR: In procedure
fport_fill_input:
ERROR: Connection reset by peer
guile has ***failed*** the self test

*** None of the installed Scheme systems support Scheme Now!
*** Consequently, the Scheme Now! framework can't be installed.
*** You might want to install a Scheme system, add it to your
*** PATH, and then run the configure script again.
[s352978 at dwarf v1.0.0]$

Can anyone explain what the problem might be?  A guile installation
error?  A snow problem?

(This is my first attempt at using snow, a step towards using lalr-scm.)

Rodney Topor