[Snow-users-list] Packages can only be viewed/downloaded with javascript.

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs friedel at nomaden.org
Sat Mar 3 08:09:10 EST 2007

Hi!

I just got pointed to your website and I think it's an excellent idea.

However I think it's a bad idea that packages can only be
viewed/browsed when javascript is turned on in the webbrowser. Also
the cursor (in firefox) does not change when it's moved over a package
name, so that it's not even clear that there is something clickable.

(See http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Make_Me_Think)

This way the packages won't be accessible to visiually impaired or
blind people using w3m or w3 (or any other browser lacking
javascript).

I hope your mailing list at least moderates non-subscriber posts, like
this one.

Kind regards
     FDF
--