[Snow-users-list] SXML/SSAX (second try)

Julian Graham joolean at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:16:29 EDT 2007

Glad you guys agree -- can I perhaps interest you in a discussion of
the technical details of such a package?

Given that there's a disparity in terms of exports among the various
distributions for different Scheme platforms, I think it might be wise
to choose a particular distribution and then re-port it to the
requisite interpreters.  The distribution I'm most familiar with is
the one in guile-lib (http://home.gna.org/guile-lib/), but,
unfortunately, it's a bit messy under the hood, since it includes, I
think (could be wrong), an old stable release of SSAX coupled with
some upstream work, so I don't know if it makes the easiest base for
doing a port.  Does anyone have any experience with any of the other
ones, like PLT's?

The SSAX functionality that's most important to me is:

* ssax:xml->sxml (obviously)
* The ssax:make-parser syntax, for customizing parser behavior
* The utility functions used by the default parser, such as
ssax:skip-internal-dtd, ssax:read-pi-body-as-string, etc., since these
make customizing the parser much, much easier.

Thoughts?