[MSLUG] Lisp In Small Pieces at $3.95 from amazon.ca

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 15 11:53:45 EDT 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Taillefer, Troy (EXP) wrote:

> I ordered my copy from Amazon last week and today they sent me an email
> today refusing to fulfill the order as the item was incorrectly priced.
> Amazon gave me a 10 $ voucher for my trouble probably by the erlang book
> with it. Did anyone actually get the book ?

They have put the book in the "Best Sellers" category, so obviously they
considered those books as being already sold. So, they actually sold them
to us at 3.95$ and failed to fulfill the order.

Ebay Canada seems to be located in Toronto, ON, and Burnaby, BC. The
consumer protection laws that we know surely don't apply (lots of them are
QC-only, right?). Are there any consumer protection laws that could
actually be applied in this case? (provincial or federal).

Or perhaps is the 10$ voucher given in compliance to those laws. Does
everybody in Canada actually get the 10$ voucher? I order that from a
amazon.co.uk account with a billing address outside of Canada, or perhaps
just because they are manually processing this particular mess and aren't
quite done with it yet.