[MSLUG] Upcoming meetings

schemeway at sympatico.ca schemeway at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 14 11:47:56 EDT 2007

Marc,

>I think it would be best to have a meeting at the UdeM as usual
>followed by the pub.  But instead of a single speaker, we could have
>3 or 4 short presentations (say 20 to 30 minutes each).  I say this
>because both David St-Hilaire and Christopher Diggins have said they
>would like to talk briefly about their work, and Etienne Bergeron has
>suggested privately that he could also talk about his DynaBit dynamic
>hardware synthesis system.

That's what I initially planned for our September meeting (have you read the
message I sent last month?
https://webmail.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/mslug/2007-July/000142.html ;-).
The goal was  to meet more informally in August. But if everybody agrees to
do that
on August 29 instead, that's fine with me. And we can certainly keep that
format for the upcoming meetings too. There are a few things I could demo
myself.

So here is a list of potential demos for August 29:

- Christopher Diggins
- David St-Hilaire
- Etienne Bergeron

Anyone else?

>It is more convenient to do demos in a
>meeting room with a projector, than at the pub!

That goes without saying!

>And if we do this on the 29th (after the release of the R6RS
>ratification vote result) we can celebrate or drown our sorrows at
>the pub!

The timing is perfect!

Dominique