[MSLUG] Upcoming meetings

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 14 10:11:23 EDT 2007

On 14-Aug-07, at 9:27 AM, <schemeway at sympatico.ca>
<schemeway at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Adrien,
>
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 01:32:55AM +0000, schemeway at sympatico.ca
>> wrote :
>>> First, I propose to hold our next meeting Wednesday, August 29th. We
>> could
>>> simply meet in a nice pub and a have a good time. I will let you
>>> propose
>>> cool places and reach consensus. (I will be in vacation for the
>>> next 3
>>> weeks, so don't expect me to participate in these discussions. Your
>> choice
>>> will be mine.)
>>
>> Provided there not a lot of loud music, and that it is cheaper
>> than our
>> usual place, I think that it's a great idea.
>
> Do you have suggestions?
>

> Dominique

I think it would be best to have a meeting at the UdeM as usual
followed by the pub.  But instead of a single speaker, we could have
3 or 4 short presentations (say 20 to 30 minutes each).  I say this
because both David St-Hilaire and Christopher Diggins have said they
would like to talk briefly about their work, and Etienne Bergeron has
suggested privately that he could also talk about his DynaBit dynamic
hardware synthesis system.  It is more convenient to do demos in a
meeting room with a projector, than at the pub!

And if we do this on the 29th (after the release of the R6RS
ratification vote result) we can celebrate or drown our sorrows at
the pub!

Marc