[MSLUG] Upcoming meetings

Christopher Diggins cdiggins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 15:27:27 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'll second the nomination for hearing about the tetris experiment.

On the subject of presentations, I am in the early stages of writing a
translator from Scheme to a statically typed functional stack-based
language. I would enjoy giving a short presentation on my project, to
talk briefly about the core issues being tackled:

- How do types in a stack-based language differ from types in a
standard functional language like ML or Haskell?
- How do you implement and compute the type of call/cc in a
stack-based language?
- How do you share environment bindings in a type safe manner ?
- How do you infer the type of recursive combinators such as Y and M?

I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has interest in such a presentation
(or suggestions about how to make it more relevant to the audience), I
don't want to make anyone suffer unneccessarily, even if only for 15
minutes. :-)

Christopher Diggins