[Lisa_seminaires] [Invited Talk] Jan van Rijn (Columbia University) Monday March 25 2019 10h00 Mila Auditorium

Rim Assouel rim.assouel at gmail.com
Ven 22 Mar 10:25:03 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Next week we will have an “extraordinary” invited talk ( organized by Christopher Beckham) on Monday :)
The regular tea talk will also be back on Friday ( announcement to come!)

See you there,

The Tea Talk Team

TITLE
Automated Machine Learning using OpenML.org <http://openml.org/>

ABTRACT
Algorithm Selection and Hyperparameter Optimization are two laborious but viable
components of the Machine Learning pipeline. The field of Automated Machine
Learning (AutoML) focusses, as the name suggests, on automating these processes.
Automated Machine Learning builds upon knowledge from previous experiments.
In this talk I will introduce OpenML.org <http://openml.org/>, an on line platform containing almost
10 million Machine Learning experiments and 20,000 monthly unique visitors.
Furthermore, I will talk about some of the projects that utilize this knowledge,
in particular for determining which hyperparameters are most important and how
to optimize them based on prior knowledge.

BIO
Jan van Rijn is founder of the OpenML Foundation, for Open Machine Learning research.
He has authored several publications related to Data Science, Automated Machine Learning (AutoML) and Artificial Intelligence.
He is currently a post-doctoral researcher at Columbia University in New York. For a complete and up to date list of his publications,
 please see his Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O4X5CpwAAAAJ <https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O4X5CpwAAAAJ>