[Lisa_seminaires] predoctoral thesis proposal, Chinnadhurai Sankar, Tuesday 5 Sept, 13h30

Yoshua Bengio yoshua.umontreal at gmail.com
Dim 3 Sep 22:14:38 EDT 2017

Hello,

Chinnadhurai Sankar, MILA PhD candidate, will present his predoctoral
subject proposal Tuesday September 5 at 13h30 (room 3395, PAA):

*Title: Problems in Non-Goal Oriented Dialog Systems*

*Abstract:*

*This predoctoral presentation will mainly focus on data-driven
approaches to non-goal oriented dialog systems research. I shall talk about
two dialog systems projects that I have been part of. First, I shall
propose a reinforcement learning based response selection model for
dialogue management. The proposed method was implemented & tested in the
Amazon Alexa Competition and shown to demonstrate superior performance when
compared to traditional heuristics based approaches and supervised learning
based approaches. **Next, I shall introduce a hybrid retrieval based
generative dialog system architecture which is designed to provide a sense
of specificity in the generated responses.*

Please come and learn about his research and support him!

*-- Yoshua*