[Lisa_seminaires] Talk CHANGE of LOCATION Today 2:30pm - 3:30pm

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Mar 28 Mar 13:27:56 EDT 2017

This is a reminder that this afternoon we will have a talk by Lluís
Castrejón, a visiting student from Toronto currently working with Raquel
Urtasun and Sanja Fidler. He will be presenting his recently accepted CVPR
(oral) paper.

Time: 2:30pm - 3:30pm.
Location: AA5340 (NOTE NEW LOCATION).

Title: Annotating Object Instances with a Polygon-RNN

Abstract: We propose an approach for semi-automatic annotation of object
instances. While most current methods treat object segmentation as a
pixel-labeling problem, we here cast it as a polygon prediction task,
mimicking how most current datasets have been annotated. In particular, our
approach takes as input an image crop and produces a vertex of the polygon,
one at a time, allowing a human annotator to interfere at any time and
correct the point. Our model easily integrates any correction,producing as
accurate segmentations as desired by the annotator. We show that our
annotation method speeds up the annotation process by factor of 4.7 across
all classes in Cityscapes, while achieving 78.4% agreement in IoU with
original ground-truth, matching the typical agreement between human
annotators. For cars, our speed-up factor is even higher, at 7.3 for an
agreement of 82.2%. We further show generalization capabilities of our
approach on unseen datasets.

Cheers,
Aaron

--