[Lisa_seminaires] [Extra Tea-Talk] Martin Arjovsky, March 7, 14:30, AA6214

Dzmitry Bahdanau dimabgv at gmail.com
Mar 7 Mar 14:09:23 EST 2017

This is a reminder about the additional tea-talk, which is going to happen
in 20 minutes.

Here is also a *short bio* from Martin:

I'm Martin Arjovsky, I'm currently doing my PhD at New York University, and
being advised by Léon Bottou. I did my undergraduate and master's in the
University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (my home country). In the middle I
took a year off to do internships in different places (Google, Facebook,
Microsoft, and the Université de Montréal). My master's thesis advisor was
Yoshua Bengio, who also advised me during my stay at UdeM.
In general I'm interested in the intersection between learning and
mathematics, how we can ground the different learning processes that are
involved in different problems, and leverage this knowledge to develop
better algorithms.