[Lisa_seminaires] [TeaTalk] Zhouhan Lin, March 3, 13:30, AA6214

Dzmitry Bahdanau dimabgv at gmail.com
Mer 1 Mar 11:40:36 EST 2017

Hi all,

Our next speaker is Zhouhan Lin, a PhD student from MILA. The time and
place are usual: March 3, at 1:30pm, room AA6214. Home to see many of you
there!

*Title: *A Structured Self-Attentive Sentence Embedding

*Abstract: *This paper proposes a new model for extracting an interpretable
sentence embedding by introducing self-attention. Instead of using a
vector, we use a 2-D matrix to represent the embedding, with each row of
the matrix attending on a different part of the sentence. We also propose a
self-attention mechanism and a special regularization term for the model.
As a side effect, the embedding comes with an easy way of visualizing what
specific parts of the sentence are encoded into the embedding. We evaluate
our model on 3 different tasks: author profiling, sentiment classification
and textual entailment. Results show that our model yields a significant
performance gain compared to other sentence embedding methods in all of the
3 tasks

Dima